Welcome to the pink cottage

Visit me online at Etsy or Instagram:
https://graciouscottage.etsy.com

Cottage Home & Garden, Feminine Ready Wear & Miscellany

Cottage Home & Garden, Feminine Ready Wear & Miscellany

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Tablesetting for Valentine's Day





I've started the foundation for my Valentine's Table. The lace tablecloth is the base. I always need lace representation on almost everything. The runner is a sparkly muted paisley that I got for Christmas from my nephew & his wife. The pink dishes were my Grandmother's. Depression glass--Sweetheart pattern I believe. For chargers, I am using Petalware. I have a collection of Valentine Candy Heart boxes some older, some newer. The one propped up by the easel is metal & from Germany. The other is just regular cardboard but with a sheer ribbon & bow. The big red roses probably had stems at one time & now I use them as props for display. One is in a footed gold dish with lace peaking along the edges, the other is leaned up against an easel and the third flat on the table--variances to give some visual interest (but hard to see on my photos). The candle holders give height & some contrast. There are a variety of dishes, texture & periods. The embellishments & the menu will come later. Enjoy! You are welcome to share your tablesetting ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment