Welcome to the pink cottage

Visit me online at Etsy or Instagram:
https://graciouscottage.etsy.com

Cottage Home & Garden, Feminine Ready Wear & Miscellany

Cottage Home & Garden, Feminine Ready Wear & Miscellany

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Going thru Drawers

This was one of my favorite things to do as a kid with my Mom.  She had all kinds of stuff tucked away.  Plus she was a seamstress so there was that too.  Boxes in dresser drawers that were only looked at once a year.  Well maybe twice.  After all, there was a ritual of Spring and Fall housecleaning in those days. That was when we got to go thru stuff but nothing was ever really done with it.  The sight of it was enjoyed and then put back.  We had a pointed roof house which had an attic that was also full of boxes.  My Mom was not a collector but a saver.  After all, she had gone through the Great Depression.  I remember finding a cellophane package that she saved.  She had bought a sweater in it 30 years ago.

All of that information just to say, I was going through drawers today. I found some vintage greeting cards--shower invitations from the 1970s.  If anyone is having a vintage wedding shower, please check out these wedding invitations (Lot of 10) at Gracious Cottage on Etsy.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/199054964/wedding-shower-invitation-lot-of-10?


No comments:

Post a Comment