Welcome to the pink cottage

Visit me online at Etsy or Instagram:
https://graciouscottage.etsy.com

Cottage Home & Garden, Feminine Ready Wear & Miscellany

Cottage Home & Garden, Feminine Ready Wear & Miscellany

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Looking back through rose colored glasses...

PASTEL COLORS

On the way to my Aunt Mary's house, close to the airport in small town America, there were 5 new houses that had gone up. I didn't even know the word "cottage" as a child but that is what they were. What sticks in my memory over the years is that the builder had painted one pink, one green, one peach, one blue and one yellow. During those same years, I had gone to my cousin's wedding and she had 6 bridesmaids. It was a time of organdy, organza and voile. The bridesmaid's dresses matched the house colors plus there was lavendar. I can still see the houses and dresses today. All pastels. Let me know if you have any such memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment