I made a recipe similar to my Mom's c. 1950's cooked salad dressing recipe & I think sometimes even called boiled salad dressing. My long time friend, Pat of Irvine, gave me Citrus flavored 100% California Virgin Olive Oil from Temecula. I especially notice the orange flavor. Yumm. You can use just regular olive oil. The citrus is outspoken.
- Mix 1 tab of sugar, 1/2 tsp salt (optional), 1/2 tsp pepper or extra, 1 small tsp French mustard (I used dry) w/ 3 tsp of olive oil
- Beat 3 eggs until light, then add a cup of milk (I used evaporated), stir well, then add seasoning & olive oil
- Put in double boiler w/water already boiling & add 2/3 cup of vinegar (I used rice wine vinegar)
- Stir until thickens, (takes a while), set in pan of cold water & beat for 2 minutes
- This will keep for several days in refrigerator. I am using on pasta & also good for potato salad