Welcome, please come in...

Pink Cottage is the home of:
Gracious Cottage Blog
and
Pink Cottage Vintage Website

Cottage Decor, Ready Wear & Miscellany

Cottage Decor, Ready Wear & Miscellany
Website: Pink Cottage Vintage (formerly Gracious Cottage)

CLICK Logo to go to Website

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Mary Lou Heard Rose

Mary Lou Heard is locally famous in southern California for being a master gardener.  She ran Heard’s Nursery for years; and we have a local garden tour each spring in her honor & her name.  I got this rose when it came out (maybe going on 10 years ago).  It waxes and wanes.  Sometimes, it looks diseased & I cut it back regardless of the month—which is what I did recently.  Then it grows & blooms like it is now.  The roses are English style and the color is more magenta than it looks on my photos.  I have them on my cottage table.  I would enjoy hearing from anyone who has this rose, and what your experience has been.

MLHeardRose0610 MLHeardRose0610 (1) MLHeardRose0610 (2) MLHeardRose0610 (3) MLHeardRose0610 (4) MLHeardRose0610 (5)

No comments: