Welcome to the pink cottage

Visit me online at Etsy or Instagram:
https://graciouscottage.etsy.com

Cottage Home & Garden, Feminine Ready Wear & Miscellany

Cottage Home & Garden, Feminine Ready Wear & Miscellany

Monday, September 6, 2010

APPLE PIE CAKE Recipe

Happy Labor Day!

APPLE PIE CAKE
I just found this recipe in my Mom's cookbook--another heritage recipe. I picked apples from my tree last night and made it. Easy & very good. I even substituted Light Land O' Lakes butter for the higher fat version.
Please let me know what you think if you try it.
Apple Pie Cake
1 C sugar
1/4 C butter
1 egg
1 C flour
2 TAB hot water
1 tsp nutmeg & cinnamon
1 tsp soda
1/2 C chopped nuts
2 1/2 C raw apples
1 tsp vanilla
Bake at 350 oven for 45 min
I made it in a round 8" glass pan. Serve w/light whipped cream. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment