Welcome to the pink cottage

Visit me online at Etsy or Instagram:
https://graciouscottage.etsy.com

Cottage Home & Garden, Feminine Ready Wear & Miscellany

Cottage Home & Garden, Feminine Ready Wear & Miscellany

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I Should Have Had a V-8.

I love it when I find household solutions to household problems. Let me start at the beginning. Long Beach, CA has VERY hard water. For years I have tried to clean the hard water build up off the inside of my Pyrex Coffee Pot with various products including Oxyclean, white vinegar and baking soda...I soaked, I scrubbed. It took days. This weekend, I bought a fresh jar of Cream of Tartar. I had a little bit left in the bottom of the old tin. I read the directions on the can and it says it removes spots from aluminum pans. I vaguely remember hearing about this from my Mom's era. So I thought why not try it. I just put hot tap water in the coffee pot with about a teaspoon of Cream of Tartar. It soaked over night. This morning, it is totally free of calcium build up. I guess the little things in life make me happy but I just wanted to share that.

No comments:

Post a Comment