Welcome to the pink cottage

Visit me online at Etsy or Instagram:
https://graciouscottage.etsy.com

Cottage Home & Garden, Feminine Ready Wear & Miscellany

Cottage Home & Garden, Feminine Ready Wear & Miscellany

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Apple Cake Recipe

This fresh apple cake I make over and over.  I change it for the occasion or season.  I found it in the Long Beach newspaper about 20 years ago.  It has less fat than many cake recipes.

Chopped apple bundt cake
2 eggs
2 cups of sugar (1 cup brown, 1 cup white)
1/2 cup canola oil
2 cups flour
2 teasp baking soda
2 teasp cinnamon
1/2 teasp salt (I don't use)
4 cups diced apples (pippins type)
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 teasp vanilla
Sift together flour & baking soda; set aside.  Mix eggs & sugar well.  Add flour mixture, oil, cinnamon & salt.  Sir in apples, nuts, vanilla.  Mix thick batter w/wooden spoon.  Pour batter into a greased-floured (this is important) bundt pan & bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.  Test w/cake tester.  Remove from oven & cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.  FOR WINTER/Christmas:  I put it on a cake plate.  When cool, I sift powdered sugar on it & then put white Jordan Almonds all the way around the base.   This adds elegance, and it is easy.  This is a companion piece to the cake plate on my website, please visit at:  http://graciouscottage.com

No comments:

Post a Comment