Welcome to the pink cottage

Visit me online at Etsy or Instagram:
https://graciouscottage.etsy.com

Cottage Home & Garden, Feminine Ready Wear & Miscellany

Cottage Home & Garden, Feminine Ready Wear & Miscellany

Monday, January 18, 2016

Tea Tray Inspiration Photo with Scones Recipe


My rendition--Redo.  I can see this is a work in progress. It was a fun first project and I hope to do more of these.
Total cost:  $3.00 (see previous post).
Everything else came from my cupboards.






The Original--Inspiration Photo.








Best Ever British Scones 
from Cooks.Com

Makes 8 scones.  425 oven for 10-15 minutes.   Don't overbake.

2 C all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
1/4 C butter
3/4 C buttermilk (you can make your own easily)

Sometimes, I add a tsp or so of sugar.  But usually not.  I like the sugarless scone. Cranberries or raisins are a nice addition too.

Put dry ingredients in bowl. Add cold butter until coarse crumbs. Add buttermilk. Quickly stir to form dough.  Do not overwork. 

I cut out rounds with donut cutter and bake on parchment paper.  You can dab with milk and sprinkle colored sugar on top.  I like to do this especially for Valentine's Day.

Best eaten with jam when fresh from the oven.  Earl Grey is a great British choice for tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment