Welcome to the pink cottage

Visit me online at Etsy or Instagram:
https://graciouscottage.etsy.com

Cottage Home & Garden, Feminine Ready Wear & Miscellany

Cottage Home & Garden, Feminine Ready Wear & Miscellany

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Tea Tray Inspiration Redo

When my friend visited me the other day in my last post, we were looking at decor magazines and also, Victoria Classics magazine (2014) Tea Pleasures.

The table displays, vignettes and creative serving ideas are very inspirational.  It doesn't mean that you have the exact items in your cupboard to replicate it.  Sometimes, I just want to reach in the magazine and have one of what they have.  Easy.  Even if you had the inclination, it doesn't even mean that you could go out and find what they have in the magazine.

The next best thing?  The picture becomes your inspiration piece and you "shop" your cupboards to redo the setting.

When I saw the crystal bird next to the scones, I thought how clever.  I wouldn't have thought to add a figurine to the tray.  But knew I wanted to replicate it.

It just happened... yesterday, I went to an estate sale.  It was 50% off. I found a crystal bird (Gorham) that was a candle holder.  It was $3. Today, I was excited about taking my first photo so I used a small tray that I have and "fake" candy.  Later, I will make scones and put it on a larger tray. I will post that and the scones recipe on here too. 

My plans are to explore this in 2016.  Finding inspiration pictures or pieces and then replicating them.  Please check back for more...

Thoughts and comments are welcome.
Monah







No comments:

Post a Comment