Welcome to the pink cottage

Visit me online at Etsy or Instagram:
https://graciouscottage.etsy.com

Cottage Home & Garden, Feminine Ready Wear & Miscellany

Cottage Home & Garden, Feminine Ready Wear & Miscellany

Sunday, August 2, 2020

Henry James, What Maisie Knew and a Pink Scissors

By the same name, James wrote a short novel in 1897. What Maisie Knew is a British film made in 2013. Very thought provoking and disturbing at times. Story of two divorced parents in Manhattan, and how they barely remember they have a daughter. The movie came from the 1897 book.

This is my Viewer review on Rotten Tomatoes:
Reviews mentioned Maisie was not precocious. All the drama roles were taken by her parents. An insightful scene to me was when Zoe came to visit. She ended up crying and needed to go home early. Zoe could see what was so sadly wrong with Maisie's life. Her tearful reaction to it was so 'normal'. Maisie stuffed her feelings but she knew that was one way to survive. I liked the ending scene when the mother realized she did not want her daughter afraid of her. The only part of the movie I didn't relate to were the two ex's falling in love.
Disturbing at times but it flowed and I flowed with it.

If you are playing catch up on your movies during this Pandemic give this one a try.

Pink kitchen scissors--bought this today at Ace. I was thrilled; it goes with my kitchen decor. Remember I said I get joy out of the simple things in life?

I am not going in department stores shopping for personal items but there are days being a good Western consumer I feel like I have to buy "something." Thus the scissors.

No comments:

Post a Comment