Welcome to the pink cottage

Visit me online at Etsy or Instagram:
https://graciouscottage.etsy.com

Cottage Home & Garden, Feminine Ready Wear & Miscellany

Cottage Home & Garden, Feminine Ready Wear & Miscellany

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Not Found At Every Saturday Morning Garage Sale or Estate Sale. What is Value$ and of Value?

January 2023: Hello to all my Followers and Visitors,

I know that some of the vintage or even antique items that I have are considered to be of a lot more value$ in my mind than they are on the general market. 

Emotions: I tend to like those sweet, touching, romantic, feminine things even ordinary. Middle America just like my childhood. 

Appraisal: Value$ can go either way. We have learned from Antiques Road Show over the years, that is not uncommon. We can have an item with value$ and not know it.

Rarity and Scarcity drive the market. Using eBay as a pricing guide, we see how values can in some cases quickly change.  

Circumstances: My sister-in-law had a Moving Sale which was done by an outdoors auction house. No cancellation clause. Decades of accumulation. On an autumn day that normally would have been mild. There was rain and sleet that day which affected turn out and sales...drastically.

Condition: Not always straight forward but generally true. 

Valued, Of Value:  I like to buy things for myself that I value. 

Resale Value$: I consider more what other people like and especially what is "trending". Then trying to connect the merchandise and the buyer.

I did ramble. The joy of rambling... What I really wanted to say is...

I especially liked what my Grandmother liked. An empty candy box or candy tin used to hold special mementos inside. Mementos you just looked at and they made you feel so darn good. Then you shut the box up till the next time.

The antique purse I am showing photos of are not a purse you would find at every  Saturday morning garage or estate sale (possible to find somewhere). I have had this for years and embellished it with little pins (brooches). I use it during the holidays. It is in a hat box along with my collection of coin purses and little purses.










No comments:

Post a Comment