Welcome to the pink cottage

Visit me online at Etsy or Instagram:
https://graciouscottage.etsy.com

Cottage Home & Garden, Feminine Ready Wear & Miscellany

Cottage Home & Garden, Feminine Ready Wear & Miscellany

Thursday, July 6, 2023

What do you call this?

                                                Aunt Lizzie    


My first antique booth was called: Forget Me Not



Since childhood, I have loved these pictures. This one uncommonly seen.



Bachelor Buttons, an old fashioned flower. This is a small dresser scarf with hand painted flowers and lace edge.





I remember when I bought these (at a thrift store), and a friend said, "what are you going to do with those?" 


What do you call this? You start out cleaning, sorting, organizing and then you run across some "keepsakes" and all production sort of stops. That was 6+ hours ago. Some people say they save stuff including most gifts. Semantics but I keep rather than save. I keep just for pretty-ness. Every so often, I look at those items, and the whole world stops. No purpose, not going to do anything with them. Other than admire and feel good in the process.

If there wasn't an original Twilight Zone about this, there could have been...


No comments:

Post a Comment