Welcome to the pink cottage

Visit me online at Etsy or Instagram:
https://graciouscottage.etsy.com

Cottage Home & Garden, Feminine Ready Wear & Miscellany

Cottage Home & Garden, Feminine Ready Wear & Miscellany

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

I'm Here. I know it is the End of March almost already. Birthdays first. Tilly. Then Vintage...

 


Tilly came to live at the Cottage 5 years ago today. She is from Wrigley Rescue, Long Beach, CA.
Her M.O. is sweetness and that is how she gets her message across and her needs met.
She is a mix but like so many Siamese, she has her quirks.  Does that apply to anyone reading this?
Tilly is young not vintage. She is 6 years old.



Speaking of quirky, that is what I am trying to find more of... quirky vintage items. I call this guy Coconut Head but he is made of regular wood. Not necessarily coconut wood.  Really a cute guy.



He has "setting appeal" rather than hanging down from something.



Original purpose: spoon rest. This shell resin type item was sold at many places but not always a spoon rest. Time frame was during the 1960s - 1970s approx. Many were souvenirs that had a sticker on them. Mine is practically mint condition with no issues.


Steering in another vintage direction. I was moonlighting at the Long Beach Convention Center a couple of decades ago. It must have been some type of sports show.  I got to meet Gary Weaver #52 and got this autographed card. He played in my home state for the Packers.



Back of card also interesting.

Vintage items (not the cat) are or will be in my Etsy shop. Link at top. Or inquire within.

No comments:

Post a Comment